Sometimes you just need someone to listen.
Have you ever found yourself struggling? Struggling with grief, loss, illness or just life in general? Stephen Ministers can help! They are lay congregation members, extensively trained to provide one-to-one care to those experiencing a difficult time in life.
Stephen Ministers come from all walks of life, but they all share a passion for bringing Christ’s love and care to people during a time of need. Here at MPPC, we have an amazing group of Stephen Ministers, both men and women who are here to help.
Here are some facts about Stephen Ministers:
- Trust is essential to any caring relationship, and Stephen Ministers are people you can trust.
- Confidentiality is one of the most important principles of Stephen Ministry, and what you tell your Stephen Minister is kept in strictest confidence
- Care is always given on a same-gender basis: men meet with men; women meet with women.
- Stephen Ministers and their care receivers typically meet weekly
- Your relationship with a Stephen Minister can last 2 years or 2 weeks – it’s entirely up to you
- The name Stephen comes from St. Stephen, who was the first lay person commissioned by the apostles to provide caring ministry to those in need (as recorded in Acts 6)
- More than one-and-a-half-million people have received care from a Stephen Minister