“The blessing of being able to come to this sanctuary and rest peacefully in this wonderful house is beyond measure…
Surely God is at work in this place.” — Hope House Guest
To function as a hospital hospitality house and provide a Christ-centered, safe, secure, temporary home-away-from-home for individuals and families in need. Hope House serves adults (18 and over), who have an adult family member in Charleston, SC area hospitals. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, ethnicity, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- 100-year-old home at 314 Hibben Street located next to Mount Pleasant Presbyteian Church in the Mt. Pleasant Old Village.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, living and dining rooms, kitchen, office, and a prayer garden
- ADA approved Hope Cottage is a wheelchair-accessible bedroom and bathroom for guests with physical limitations.
- Up to 9 guests can be accommodated each night at Hope House and 2 guests at the Cottage. Since opening, there has been 90+% occupancy.
- Guests are referred to Hope House by social workers from area hospitals.
- Operations are funded by MPPC member donations, guest contributions, and community grants.
Hope House offers a wide variety of opportunities for contributing time and talent to this mission. Caretakers assure our guests are comfortable and listen to their concerns about loved ones, those with repair skills help with maintenance, and others contribute food and household supplies for guests.
Hope House and Hope Cottage are funded by MPPC member donations, guest contributions, and community grants. You can support our mission through general donations, honorariums and memorials, as well as our Adopt-A-Day program that provides operating expenses (approx. $50/day).