September 16 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The time is approaching for our Red Cross Blood Drive. Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. That’s why MPPC is on a mission to help save lives by hosting a blood drive Monday, September 16 from 1-6 p.m. This mission is a way to have an immediate and lasting impact on the community and individual lives and families.
All (church members, friends, neighbors, total strangers!) are invited to take part in this special event and donate blood for hospital patients in our neighborhoods and across the nation. The need for blood is constant, but only 3 percent of the U.S. population donates. By rolling up a sleeve, donors can play a critical role in the treatment of accident and burn victims, heart surgery and organ transplant patients, and those receiving treatment for leukemia, cancer or sickle cell disease.
Whether you have ever donated or not, please prayerfully consider signing up and joining us on September 16:
- Donation is by appointment and Red Cross will be trying hard to stick to the schedule. However, walk-ins will be accepted and worked in.
- If possible, please complete RapidPass before you come to the church. This will streamline the process and save you some time.
- To schedule an appointment (in order of preference):
- Option 1: download the Red Cross Blood Donor App to your smartphone and from there you can schedule an appointment time. Later, on the day of the drive, complete RapidPass. You will need to create a userid and password if this is your first time.
- Option 2: Visit www.redcrossblood.org top right hand corner enter zip code 29464 or sponsor code MPPC to register. On the day of the blood drive, complete RapidPass found at www.redcrossblood.org/rapidpass
- Option 3: Contact Pat DeLizza at 704-792-5352 for help with registering.
- If any of the following apply to you, please do not plan to donate at this time:
- If you have felt unwell in any way in the past 14 days
- If you have been exposed to anyone positive or presumed positive for COVID for the past 14 days
- If you have a temperature greater than 99.5F