To function as a hospital hospitality house and provide a Christ-centered, safe, secure, temporary home-away-from-home for individuals and families in need. Hope House serves adults (18 and over), who have an adult family member in Charleston, SC area hospitals. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, ethnicity, marital status, or sexual orientation.
• 100-year-old home at 314 Hibben Street located next to Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church in the Mt. Pleasant Old Village.
• 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, living and dining rooms, kitchen, office, and a prayer garden
• ADA approved Hope Cottage is a wheelchair-accessible bedroom and bathroom for guests with physical limitations.
• Up to 12 guests can be accommodated each night at Hope House and the Cottage. Since opening, there has been 90+% occupancy.
• Guests are referred to Hope House by social workers from area hospitals.
• Operations are funded by MPPC member donations, guest contributions, and community grants.
Hope House and Hope Cottage are funded by MPPC member donations, guest contributions, and community grants. You can support our mission through general donations, honorariums and memorials, as well as our Adopt-A-Day program that provides operating expenses (approx. $50/day). For more information about giving opportunities, contact Elizabeth Grantham (843-345-0828).
Hope House offers a wide variety of opportunities for contributing time and talent to this mission. Caretakers assure our guests are comfortable and listen to their concerns about loved ones, those with repair skills help with maintenance, and others contribute food and household supplies for guests. Anyone interested our mission should complete the volunteer form or contact Elizabeth Grantham (843-345-0828).
Hope House Happenings
Download our quarterly newsletter to stay up to date on Hope House happenings.
For additional information about Hope House and Hope Cottage, contact Beth Moore, Hope House Director.