Gathering Around Books (The GAB Group)
April 22, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 5:30 pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until May 29, 2022
4th Friday of each month during happy hour 5:30-6:30 p.m.
This month’s GAB will focus on five poems by two esteemed American poets, Walt Whitman and Maya Angelou. Separated by a century, Whitman and Angelou share a deep regard and hope for democracy, equality, and freedom, a perfect topic for our Zoom gathering on the day after Thanksgiving.
- Long, Too Long America
- Salut Au Monde
- Song of the Open Road
- Still I Rise
- Phenomenal Woman
The discussion is open to anyone who loves to read and discuss what one has read with fellow bibliophiles. Register to below to join. You will be sent an automatic Zoom link upon registration.
- No meeting in December
- 1/28 Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe
- 2/25 Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
- 3/25 Brother to a Dragonfly by Will D Campbell
- 4/29 One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- 5/27 Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson