- This event has passed.
Gathering Around Books (The GAB Group)
February 25 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
4th Friday of each month during happy hour 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Kent Haruf’s book, Our Souls at Night, was written as he neared the end of his life and published posthumously. One reviewer has written that this final book offers readers “a deeply proportioned friendship about two people toward the end of their lives who find themselves at a new beginning. The two have stories to share. They have common concerns. They harbor guilt for long-ago deeds, and they are capable listeners. They see the world for what it is and take solace in explaining it to one another…It is a worthy and eloquent final book — a hopeful book, even — about all that we can still have at the end of our lives, if we open ourselves to love.”
- 1/28 Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe
- 2/25 Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
- 3/25 Brother to a Dragonfly by Will D Campbell
- 4/29 One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- 5/27 Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson
The discussion is open to anyone who loves to read and discuss what one has read with fellow bibliophiles. Register to below to join. You will be sent an automatic Zoom link upon registration.