- This event has passed.
Blood Drive in Fellowship Hall
April 27 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The American Red Cross encourages healthy individuals to keep scheduled donation appointments and to make new blood donation appointments for the weeks ahead to ensure a stable supply throughout this pandemic. MPPC has decided to host a blood drive in the Fellowship Hall in order to help the Red Cross to meet their donation needs. Please know that the blood drive will be operated in the safety way possible with many additional sanitation guidelines in place. To read more about all safety precautions taken, click here.
The blood drive is by appointment only, no walk-ins will be accepted. To schedule an appointment:
- Option 1: download the Red Cross Blood Donor App to your smartphone and from there one can schedule their appointment time. Later on the day of the drive, complete RapidPass. You will need to create a userid and password if this is your first time.
- Option 2: Visit www.redcrossblood.org top right hand corner enter zip code 29464 or sponsor code – MPPC to register. On the day of the blood drive, complete RapidPass found at www.redcrossblood.org/rapidpass
- Option 3: Contact Pamela Spivey at 281-381-4776 or email@example.com to register or for help with registering.
Other precautions in place in order to maintain safety:
- Do not show up more than about 10 minutes early for your appointment.
- All donors will be asked to have their temperature taken before being permitted into the Fellowship Hall.
- Red Cross staff and volunteers will be wearing masks and gloves at all times. However, gloves and masks cannot be provided to donors so you should wear your own.
- Non-donors, including children, will not be allowed in the Fellowship Hall.
- After initial check-in, donors will be asked to wait in a designated area (or even their car). Donors will be asked to provide their mobile phone number so they can be called when it is their turn to donate.
If any of the following apply to you, please do not plan to donate at this time:
- If you have felt unwell in any way in the past 14 days
- If you have traveled (ground or air) domestically or internationally in the past 14 days
- If you have not been rigorously practicing social distancing for the past 14 days
- If you have been exposed to anyone positive or presumed positive for coronavirus for the past 14 days
- If you have a temperature greater than 99.5F