- This event has passed.
July 26 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Blood Drive Site: MPPC Fellowship Hall
Date of Blood Drive: Monday, July 26 Hours: 2 pm – 7 pm
- Donation is by appointment only and Red Cross will be trying hard to stick to the schedule.
- If possible, please complete RapidPass before you come to the church. This will streamline the process and help with social distancing.
- To schedule an appointment (in order of preference):
o Option 1: download the Red Cross Blood Donor App to your smartphone and from there you can schedule an appointment time. Later on the day of the drive, complete RapidPass. You will need to create a userid and password if this is your first time.
o Option 2: Visit www.redcrossblood.org top right hand corner enter zip code 29464 or sponsor code – MPPC to register. On the day of the blood drive, complete RapidPass found at www.redcrossblood.org/rapidpass
o Option 3: Contact Pamela Spivey at 281-381-4776 or Rick Spivey 346-312-1780 to register or for help with registering.
- The Red Cross is following current CDC guidelines. People who have been vaccinated will not have to wear a mask. Anyone who has not been vaccinated will need to wear a mask. If you forget your mask, we will provide one.
- In most cases, there is no deferral time for individuals who received a COVID-19 vaccine if they are symptom free and feeling well at the time of donation. There is no deferral time for eligible blood donors who are vaccinated with an inactivated or RNA based COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by AstraZeneca, Janssen/J&J, Moderna, Novavax, or Pfizer.
- If any of the following apply to you, please do not plan to donate at this time:
o If you have felt unwell in any way in the past 14 days
o If you have been exposed to anyone positive or presumed positive for coronavirus for the past 14 days
o If you have a temperature greater than 99.5F
Only blood donors will be permitted in the Fellowship hall at the blood drive. Non-donors including children will not be allowed in the area.