- This event has passed.
April 26 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
In April donors have a chance to win one of five $1,000 e-gift cards to a merchant of their choice.
Monday, April 26 Hours: 2 pm – 7 pm
- By appointment only
- To schedule an appointment (in order of preference):
o Option 1: download the Red Cross Blood Donor App to your smartphone and from there one can schedule their appointment time. Later on the day of the drive, complete RapidPass. You will need to create a userid and password if this is your first time.
o Option 2: Visit www.redcrossblood.org top right hand corner enter zip code 29464 or sponsor code – MPPC to register. On the day of the blood drive, complete RapidPass found at www.redcrossblood.org/rapidpass
o Option 3: Contact Pamela Spivey to register or for help with registering.
- Donation is by appointment only and Red Cross will be trying very hard to stick to the schedule. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Do not show up more than about 10 minutes early for your appointment. No one will be allowed in the fellowship hall until the Red Cross is ready for them in order to maximize social distancing.
- If possible, please complete RapidPass before you come to the church. This will streamline the process and help with social distancing.
- If you’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine, you’ll need to provide the manufacturer name when you come to donate. Upon vaccination, you should receive a card or printout indicating what COVID-19 vaccine was received, and we encourage you to bring that card with you to your next donation. In most cases, there is no deferral time for individuals who received a COVID-19 vaccine as long as they are symptom free and feeling well at the time of donation. There is no deferral time for eligible blood donors who are vaccinated with an inactivated or RNA based COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by AstraZeneca, Janssen/J&J, Moderna, Novavax, or Pfizer.
If any of the following apply to you, please do not plan to donate at this time:
o If you have felt unwell in any way in the past 14 days
o If you have traveled (ground or air) domestically or internationally in the past 14 days
o If you have not been rigorously practicing social distancing for the past 14 days
o If you have been exposed to anyone positive or presumed positive for coronavirus for the past 14 days
o If you have a temperature greater than 99.5F
- All donors will be asked to have their temperature taken before being permitted into the blood donation area (Fellowship Hall). If a donor has a temperature greater than 99.5F, they will be asked to donate at another time.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL DONORS. Red Cross staff and volunteers will be wearing masks and gloves at all times. However, gloves and masks cannot be provided to donors so you should wear your own.
- Only blood donors will be permitted at the blood drive. Non-donors including children will not be allowed in the area.