- This event has passed.
January 25 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
MPPC will be hosting another blood drive for the Red Cross in the Fellowship Hall on Monday, January 25 from 2-7 p.m. The blood drive will be by appointment only and the goal is to collect 40 units; there are 47 appointment slots available.
To schedule an appointment (in order of preference):
- Option 1: Download the Red Cross Blood Donor App to your smartphone and from there one can schedule their appointment time. Later on the day of the drive, complete RapidPass. You will need to create a userid and password if this is your first time.
- Option 2: Visit www.redcrossblood.org top right hand corner enter zip code 29464 or sponsor code – MPPC to register. On the day of the blood drive, complete RapidPass found at www.redcrossblood.org/rapidpass
- Option 3: Contact Pamela Spivey to register or for help with registering.
Donation is by appointment only and Red Cross will be trying very hard to stick to the schedule. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Do not show up more than about 10 minutes early for your appointment. No one will be allowed in the fellowship hall until the Red Cross is ready for them in order to maximize social distancing.
- If possible, please complete RapidPass before you come to the church. This will streamline the process and help with social distancing.
If you have received either the Pfizer vaccine or the Moderna vaccine for COVID19, you can still donate. These two vaccines do not affect your ability to donate.
If any of the following apply to you, please do not plan to donate at this time:
o If you have felt unwell in any way in the past 14 days
o If you have traveled (ground or air) domestically or internationally in the past 14 days
o If you have not been rigorously practicing social distancing for the past 14 days
o If you have been exposed to anyone positive or presumed positive for coronavirus for the past 14 days
o If you have a temperature greater than 99.5F
- All donors will be asked to have their temperature taken before being permitted into the blood donation area (Fellowship Hall). If a donor has a temperature greater than 99.5F, they will be asked to donate at another time.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL DONORS. Red Cross staff and volunteers will be wearing masks and gloves at all times. However, gloves and masks cannot be provided to donors so you should wear your own.
- Only blood donors will be permitted at the blood drive. Non-donors including children will not be allowed in the area.
- After initial check-in, donors will be asked to wait in a designated area (or even their car). Donors will be asked to provide their mobile phone number so they can be called when it is their turn to donate.
Click here to read other steps the Red Cross is taking to ensure safety. All donors will receive FREE COVID Antibody Testing AND entry into a raffle for a trip for two to next year’s (2022) Super Bowl!