An Outreach Mission of Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Church
The blessing of being able to come to this sanctuary and rest peacefully in this wonderful house is beyond measure…Surely God is at work in this place. — Hope House Guest
To function as a hospital hospitality house and provide a
Christ-centered, safe, secure, temporary home-away-from-home for individuals
and families in need. Hope House serves adults (18 and over), who have an adult family member in Charleston, SC area
Hope House does not discriminate on the grounds of race,
religion, ethnicity, marital status, or sexual orientation.
• 100-year-old home at 314 Hibben Street located next to
Mt Pleasant Presbyterian Church in the Old Village area of Mt Pleasant.
• Hope House opened in January 2010 and has 3 bedrooms, 2
1/2 bathrooms, living and dining rooms, kitchen, office, and a prayer garden.
• Hope Cottage, an ADA approved, wheelchair-accessible
bedroom and bathroom for guests with physical limitations, is located adjacent
to Hope House and opened in September 2013.
• Up to 12 guests can be accommodated each night at Hope
House and the Cottage. Since opening,
there has been 90+% occupancy.
• Guests are referred to Hope House by social workers
from area hospitals.
• Hope House and Hope Cottage operations are funded by
MPPC member donations, guest contributions, and community grants.